26/02/2010

The pot is empty


Like other mushrooms, the cremini species
is harvested from a large pile of shit

Tonite I made stir fry. The pot was heavy by the time I was done cooking but I ate it all otherwise I would have taken a food picture even though it didn't look extremely appetizing. I am trying to eat less carbs but I had about half a pita with this

Thursday Nite Stir-fry
1/2 package of extra firm tofu diced
1/2 bunch of asparagus cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup of your favorite fresh mushrooms sliced (I used cremini)
1/4 cup of crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
seasoning salt
olive oil
pepper

First I heated up the oil and tossed in the tofu and asparagus on high heat. I put on some soy sauce and covered it for a bit. Then I stirred it and put in the mushrooms on top and some seasoning salt and covered it again for a few minutes on a medium heat. Next I put in enough tomato sauce to make it saucy, stirred and covered.
If I were to do the recipe again I would cut back on the soy sauce and seasoning salt. I would also put in chili flakes, paprika (which I do not have) and a diced bell pepper. boo yah. try it!

2 comments:

Owen said...

DO A VIDEO

*c. said...

sounds tasty. i will try it!

i would add green onions. because i love them <3.