02/05/2009

Saturday Morning

Waking up today was a bitch. I planned to go in a bit late and thankfully got in just in time with a large coffee to soothe my headache. Note: Sitting with your head on your desk and trying to sleep when hungover feels horrible.
Today one kid came in to the program, he's actually 15 years old so not really a kid. He's one of my favorite acquaintances from the program - a really genuine dude. I asked him how his week was and he started talking about something involving swagger. I've been getting the impression that the word has multiple meanings and don't want to resort to urbandictionary.com. So I obviously didn't really catch on to what he was trying to communicate. He then said that he'd been going to the mall quite often to pick up girls. I asked him what his lines were and he replied that he started off pretending to line up to purchase something and then offering the lady of interest some gum. He stated that this approach has reaped positive results. The conversation was then interrupted but I will follow-up by asking how many numbers he's gotten and divide this number by number of attempts. I am proud of him. I know he's gonna do good in that field regardless because he's a sweet dude. It was really funny to hear about it though.

1 comment:

darbs said...

i actually offered my cute coworker gum the other day. she responded by accepting and mentioning that she had an oral fixation. maybe the kid's technique really does work.