30/08/2009

Chicago, man















I went to Chicago with Jan for three nights this week. We went just to get away from Toronto for a little bit. We didn't choose to go to Chicago for any particular reason, but I had heard that it was a cool place to be. Initially, I really wanted to visit San Francisco but decided to save the trip for another time for no particular reason. It was hard to plan for the trip due to there being no Superfuture guide available and it was forum info was scarce.

Chicago struck me as being a lot like Toronto because of it's multicultural population, the population density of the city and little things that I probably can't point out. I really liked the buildings and architecture. A lot of older buildings and a lot of interesting newer developments that looked really cool. People seemed friendlier and generally more outgoing in Chicago than people in Toronto. There were also a lot of hot girls. Would I have tried to pick them up if Jan wasn't there? Who knows.















The food was great too and the servings were usually really huge. Jan and I found great pizza, mexican food, a great diner (but there is no such thing as a crappy diner) and an awesome bar with retro video game decor. I had a veggie burger for the first breakfast there which was awesome - it was a double stacked one and was served with fried pickles - yumm.

Shopping was pretty good. I got a bunch of stuff and I feel that one of my denim purchases was made largely due to the attractiveness of the sales rep. If I may quote Robert De Niro in A Bronx Tale, "Sometimes, in the heat of passion, the little head tells the big head what to do, and the big head should think twice about it." Thus, I now own J. Lindeberg jeans.

2 comments:

darbs said...

fried pickles? that's nuts, son.

audreyssyp said...

my most expensive pair are J.BRAND...
i thought that was the same as j lindeberg but it ain't. J anything is expensive i guess!