About 5 years ago when I turned 21, I decided it was time to reclaim my youth with a celebratory beer. When I took the sip of Rickard's red I was a bit disappointed. However since then I have enjoyed drinking alcohol thoroughly and though that sip again for the first time after years of sobriety wasn't what I expected - the bottle has never let me down. Shortly after starting to drink again, I thought it would be a wise choice to try smoking. So I remember trying to light a Peter Jackson cigarette outside of OISE and not really being comfortable with the smoking motion as I spoke to a cute classmate... eventually I got better at the motion. At my worst, I was smoking a pack a day.
I remember at one point when I was unemployed and spent my days walking around the block, going to Starbucks and searching for jobs, I would go through a pack a day. Also in Ottawa. Fast forward to now. Last week I was sick and my throat was fucked which prevented me from enjoying cigarettes in the car, at the golf range, at work, whatever. So, I have technically been smoke-free since I got my antibiotics 6 days ago. I enjoy not lighting up every time I get into the car, have a spare moment from the kids it has made me come to realize how much of a strange habit it had become for me. Thankfully I think I have passed the hardest hump and always have nicotine lozenges. But I also have not had a drink since I got sick so I don't know how well I can control myself when drinking.
04/08/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HIGH FIVE!!
good jorbbbbb.
hope you're feeling better!!!
Post a Comment