Limes remind me of my trip to Acapulco with my fam where all the restaurants served a small bowl of limes with every meal. We weren't really sure when it was appropriate to squeeze them on to the food but I assumed that it could be used as liberally as we use salt and pepper. This evening at No Frills I chose to go with a tub of plain yogurt instead of cottage cheese and figured that I will make my own dressing/dip.
Cilantro Lime Dressing
You will need:
3/4 of a lime
2 stalks of spring onion
3/4 of a bunch of cilantro
1 jalapeƱo
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon tumeric
1/2 table spoon sea salt
1 large tub of plain fat free yogurt
1 tablespoon chili flakes
The consistency of this recipe would be pretty sweet if I had a food processor. But it's too fancy and cleaning it up is a bitch. So get an old empty plastic container for the dip ready. Finely chop the cilantro, spring onion and jalapeno. Put it in the container and mix in the yogurt and remaining ingredients. Another recipe similar to this one said that it will keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. I hope to god it lasts longer because I don't think I will be able to finish it all even though it smells and looks great. It is really spicy so you may want to adjust it to your taste:
Serves: lots
Prep time: 9 minutes (mostly washing)
2 comments:
muthafucka <3
that sounds delicious.
Post a Comment